Tuesday, January 8, 2013



4 Poems by Catfish McDaris


Where’s My Pussy

Jimmy loved his cat, but was
highly allergic, when he got
home from school one day
Fluffy was missing

“Mom, where’s my kitty?”
“She got old, so we put her
in the nursing home with
your Grandma & Grandpa

Grandma farted like a Harley,
Gramps wore diapers & kept
his ugly choppers in a glass

Jimmy didn’t see Fluffy again,
he had a hunch he’d been
bullshitted, he thought it probably
won’t be the last time.


River Of Knives

I am the butcher knife that peels your potatoes
I am the butcher knife that carves your steak
I am the butcher knife you sharpen on your electric can opener
I am the butcher knife that opens pork & beans on a camping trip
I am the butcher knife under your pillow
I am the butcher knife that cut out your baby
I am the butcher knife that circumcised your penis
I am the butcher knife that cut off Geronimo’s hair
I am the butcher knife that sliced off Van Gogh’s ear
I am the butcher knife that opened Bukowski’s liver
I am the butcher knife that cut off the tails of the three blind mice
I am the butcher knife that cut your umbilical cord
I am the butcher knife that trimmed Hitler’s mustache
I am the butcher knife that slices off cancerous breasts & testicles
I am the butcher knife that plunged into Jeffrey Dahmer’s heart
I am the butcher knife that O. J. says he didn’t use
I am the butcher knife that cut the scar in Al Capone’s face
I am the butcher knife forever at your throat
I am the butcher knife always waiting for you
I am a river of blood & I am you.


Ernesto

Mind crumbling
Suicide looming
One more thought
One more drink
One more bull
One more fish
One more woman
Booze betrayed
Castrated by
Literary leeches
Best days gone
Melted, evaporated
Sucked dry
Nothing left
No way out
Shotgun in mouth
Finger white on trigger
Tears, blood, bone
Brains on ceiling
Dripping down walls
Splattered like words.


Cherry Lipstick & Chanel #5

She was 40 & I was 16
She slipped her long lacquered fingers inside my zipper
I was in heaven & I almost creamed my jeans
She pulled it out & wiped it up & down each powdered cheek
Talking baby talk to it as it grew long & hard
I damn near lost it in pleasure
Lowering her cherry lips over the head she blew & sucked
Nibbling & tonguing the piss hole
My nose started running & asshole twitching
She played my skin flute like a virtuoso
I held back as long as I could
When my ears popped I gushed my load
Into her greedy mouth my bung hole throbbed & farted
I was sure I had shit all over her Cadillac front seat
She wiped her lips & sprayed breath freshener in her mouth
Lowered the mirrored visor & fixed her hair & lipstick & spritzed her perfume
Smiling she gave me a tongue kiss
I said, “Thank you, Auntie” I got the lawnmower
Started & finished her front yard.



Catfish McDaris has been active in the small press world for 20 years. He lived in a cave at a nudist colony and in a Chevy in Denver an entire winter. His biggest seller is Prying: with Jack Micheline & Charles Bukowski. His newest chapbook will be Eating Raw Jackrabbit & Snorting Black Cocaine.

No comments:

Post a Comment