Saturday, November 1, 2014

Call for works November 2014 Issue




Dedicated to my Father and to Maxine, my niece


We study, work, spare, spend, walk around, talk a lot or not much, we keep on giving life for granted until our fixed appointment with destiny strikes the main chord of our selves, be it a disease or the death of someone we love. After the passing of my Father about four years ago, and my 10-year-old niece’s disease, I have been trying to find answers. How does / or can contemporary poetry, visual work, images reflect Goethe’s Der Erlkoening, what Edvard Munch in an hallucinatory way in his cold Norway depicted around the turn of last century, or re-project Robert Frost’s Acquainted with the Night:

I have been one acquainted with the night.
I have walked out in rain—and back in rain.
I have outwalked the furthest city light.

I have looked down the saddest city lane.
I have passed by the watchman on his beat
And dropped my eyes, unwilling to explain.

I have stood still and stopped the sound of feet
When far away an interrupted cry
Came over houses from another street,

But not to call me back or say good-by;
And further still at an unearthly height,
One luminary clock against the sky

Proclaimed the time was neither wrong nor right.
I have been one acquainted with the night.

Halvard Johnson has just appointed me to be the new Editor of Truck for the month of November, the month of the Dead. Do send over your work if you think it somehow answers some of our questions.

Link to Truck:



© Anny Ballardini, Truck’s November Editor


///

No comments:

Post a Comment